Friday, June 12, 2015

Mormon Prom

Lacey and Lovely


Mormon Prom.  No, I'm not Mormon.  Yes, Mormons have their own Prom. This was such a lovely and perfect evening.  This Prom was held at the California Science Center in LA, the venue was absolutely gorgeous and everyone there was simply stunning.  I was lucky enough to be asked by my best friend since 5th grade, Parker Shipley.  I love him so much.  He is such a kindhearted and talent guy with so much potential; he is by far the funniest guy I've ever met.  Dressing to this occasion was difficult because Mormons have a lot of guidelines and it's hard to find modest Prom dresses, especially a week before the dance!  Luckly my good friend Kelsey came in clutch and let me borrow her stunning red dress, which I was sad to give back because it's perfect.  I decided to go with the house wife from the 50's look and pair it with some white wedges from Payless and a pearl necklace that used to belong to my grandma's.  I matched the pearl neck with a pearl clip that pinned up some of my curls.


My date Parker.  This was an extra special opportunity for me because he is leaving to China in June of 2015, so his last dance was with me and I couldn't feel more honored.  I'm going to miss this bundle of joy when he leaves, but I know it's a wonderful opportunity for him.


Mormon Prom was actually my tenth dance (My school Prom being the eleventh), so I'm kinda a pro at putting on boutonnieres.  



These are some of my completely gorgeous best friends (left to right): Kelsey, me, Piper, Brooke, and Cara. I'm just friends with a lot of Mormons, they are cool.


Here's a group shot of all the couples.


This is my friend Brooke. I've known her since first grade and she is my oldest friend for that reason. In first grade we were best friends and I would do everything by her side. Sadly, I changed schools in third grade and we were separated. Now, ten years later we have been reunited and are friends once again. I love this girl and it goes to show you that true friendship never dies. I'm so blessed to have her back in my life. I know this has nothing to do with fashion so I'll add that in. Brooke's dress is absolutely gorgeous. It was the best dress at the Prom and you can get in online, at Amazon I believe. Not only that it comes in an insane amount of colors. It's reasonable, modest, comes in every color, and has sparkles. Clearly its the perfect dress, just saying.





I love this because we are childhood friends and the swings were the place to be back in my day.


I hate those roses that you wear on your wrist, like a lot.  I asked Parker not to buy them for me because I don't like the hassle of it all.  Parker's mom was a real MVP and went out and bought me a bouquet of flowers.  If you know me, you know I'm a die hard fan girl for flowers, instant pathway to my heart is roses and glitter.  She bought me roses covered in glitter!  They were the most beautiful things I've even seen and they smelt like happiness.  They were just so gorgeous and I miss them.  This is definitely going to be want I do for all dances now, say goodbye to corsages and hello to bouquets!


After the super fun van ride of straight jamming, we arrived. This place was decked out with activities, dancing, food, and my favorite: unlimited candy bar! Being the person I am, I had no self control and ate a ton of candy and of course felt sick but...worth. 


Post-Prom. They made us balloon hats and gave us glow sticks.  It was an unforgettable and perfect night... Secretly my favorite dance ever (hush hush).  I hope to be lucky enough to attend next year although it won't be the same without my best friend/ the perfect date who has been there for me the past six years. I love you Parker Shipley!


Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you, 
Until we meet again!

XO -Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment